Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, subject to program capacity.
If you are considering applying, register your interest here and we will get back to you to answer any questions you might have.
If you are ready to pre-apply, please thoroughly read and then follow the steps below.
Stage 1: Written Application
Fill in our online application here. The application process will assess your background and qualifications, and also your motivation for applying for the programme.
Make sure that you have the following documents ready to upload:
- Personal Statement (up to two A4 pages) (see instructions below)
- Certified Copy of Secondary School Leaving Diploma (if available)
- Certified Copy of Secondary School Leaving Transcript (if available)
- English Proficiency Certificate (if available)
- Passport Copy (for non-Czech nationals)
- Explain why you want to study Global Business and Management, and why you particularly want to study it at NEWTON.
- Tell us about the educational, work, extracurricular and/or volunteer experiences that make you a good candidate for this programme.
- What interests you most about global business and management? Reflect on one of the following questions, or a relevant topic of your own choice (expected word count: 250):
- What makes a good business leader?
- What’s more important for a start-up, a novel idea or good management?
- Is covid-19 a crisis or an opportunity for international business?
- How much should governments regulate international business?
Stage 2: Interview
Once we have evaluated your application, selected applicants will be invited to an online interview. In advance of the interview, we will ask you to read an academic article, and prepare to discuss it. During the interview we will discuss both the article and your personal statement.
Candidates who successfully pass the online interview will be accepted onto the programme. Where a candidate has not finished Secondary/High School, acceptance will be conditional, based on the outcome of final exam results, or successful completion of the course of study.
All applicants will need to provide the following:
- Secondary/High School Diploma
- Secondary/High School Transcript
If you have not yet graduated, acceptance will be conditional only and you will need to submit these documents before beginning your studies.
Additionally, all non-native English speaking applicants need at least B2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference) level of English proficiency. This level corresponds to the following international exam levels:
- IELTS - 6.0
- TOEFL – 85
- C1 Advanced - 160-179 (formerly known as CAE, Certificate in Advanced English)
- B2 First - grade B or C (formerly known as FCE, First Certificate in English)
- PTE – 67
We do not require any language proficiency certificates, as we conduct our own assessments during the application process, but you are welcome to provide them in support of your application.