Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. We now accept applications for the academic year 2022/2023, which begins at the end of September 2022. Transfers into this academic year (2021/2022) are possible if certain conditions are met.
If you are considering applying, register your interest here and we will get back to you to answer any questions you might have.
If you are ready to apply, watch our study coordinator Lucie explain the process and then follow the steps below.
1. Prepare to Apply
The application process will assess your background and qualifications, and also your motivation for applying for the programme.
Make sure that you have the following documents ready:
- Personal Statement (up to two A4 pages) (see instructions below)
- Certified Copy of Secondary School Leaving Diploma (if available)
- Certified Copy of Secondary School Leaving Transcript (if available)
- English Proficiency Certificate (if available)
- Passport Copy (for non-Czech nationals)
- Explain why you want to study Global Business and Management, and why you particularly want to study it at NEWTON.
- Tell us about the educational, work, extracurricular and/or volunteer experiences that make you a good candidate for this programme.
- What interests you most about global business and management? Reflect on one of the following questions, or a relevant topic of your own choice (expected word count: 250):
- What makes a good business leader?
- What’s more important for a start-up, a novel idea or good management?
- Is covid-19 a crisis or an opportunity for international business?
- How much should governments regulate international business?
2. Submit Your Application
Once you have all the required documents, fill in our online application.
3. Attend an Interview
Once we have evaluated your application, selected applicants will be invited to an online interview. In advance of the interview, we will ask you to read an academic article, and prepare to discuss it. During the interview we will discuss both the article and your personal statement.
Candidates who successfully pass the online interview will be accepted onto the programme. Where a candidate has not finished Secondary/High School, acceptance will be conditional, based on the outcome of final exam results, or successful completion of the course of study.
We will let you know the results of the interview within one week.
4. Sign Your Study Contract
As a condition for enrolment at NEWTON University, you will need to sign a study contract.
5. Settle Your Tuition
Pay the tuition fee for the 1st year of study by the deadline specified in the signed study contract - by bank transfer or by depositing it into a bank account.
6. Enroll to Study
You will only become a NEWTON University student on the day of enrolment, which takes place during the first year student meeting (called ‘zero day’) at the end of September. You can also enrol during the first week of classes by contacting Student Services.